Accommodation and Gateway to Central Otago and The Southern Lakes
Golden Gate Lodge, Cromwell, is Central Otago's 3 Star Plus/Enviro Bronze gateway accommodation in 47 hotel-style suites each with outstanding mountain and rural views.
Facilities include restaurant, pizzeria, gymnasium, conference centre/wedding venue, wholesale liquor outlet. Next door to Cromwell Golf Course and just over the road from vineyards and the Cromwell Mall.
Click the thumbnail above to download a copy of our compendium, an A – Z of Guest services and Helpful Information
Explore this website to see for yourself why Golden Gate Lodge has so much to offer as an overnight stay or holiday destination; whether seeking time together or looking to have family fun. The place to stay in all seasons and for all reasons Golden Gate Lodge is recognised as the gateway to the golden holiday and businesses opportunities of Central Otago and the Southern Lakes district.
Accommodation with History, Fruit, and Wine close to Hand
In the 1860's gold was discovered hidden beneath the stark beauty of New Zealand's Central Otago landscape.
The next great rush was to capture Central Otago's sunshine in the juice of apples, apricots, cherries and other stone fruits. Then, towards the end of last century the secret was out. The stony soils, distinct seasons and low rainfall of Central Otago were ideal for producing gold of different kind. Wine. Today the Cromwell Basin is internationally recognised as the heart of the Central Otago wine region.
It’s all happening at Cromwell’s Golden Gate Lodge
- The early December completion date for major changes at the Golden Gate Lodge is looming fast. What these changes mean is our location will be called The Gate giving access to five hospitality orientated stand-alone brands… Five Stags Bar & Restaurant, Forage Information Centre & Café, Black Panther Pizza, Super Liquor and the accommodation and conference/wedding centre now named Harvest Hotel.
- For Harvest Hotel it’s business as usual and now with our brand new supersize kitchen completed, in-house guest dining and refreshments are back on the menu. So too are our hugely popular Black Panther Pizzas. The dining room with its pop-up bar is also open to the public for afternoon, after work and evening catch-ups and dining.
- The Roaring Meg Public Bar is now permanently closed with the large space it occupied being totally renovated to open in early December as the 21st Century lodge-themed Five Stags Restaurant & Bar.
- The Pisa Café is also closed and now stripped bare to reopen in early December as the industrial/chic/Scandi ‘wow factor’ café Forage Information Centre & Café.
- For more updates please follow us on Facebook… www.facebook.com/goldengatelodge.co.nz
Cromwell, Central Otago
Read More »
Central Otago known in simple terms as "Central”
Read More »